Whakatane - we're your one-stop-shop for home energy efficiency
We're your local energy efficiency experts
Our team covers the EBOP and are based in Whakatane, led by Carl Vujnovich, and can help all homeowners and landlords with their home energy efficiency needs - insulation, heating, ventilation, hot water management solutions, thermal window film, LED downlights, and more.
In July 2012 we purchased the Energy Options insulation brand in the Eastern Bay of Plenty, operating out of our Whakatane office. We're proud to work with the Eastern Bay Energy Trust and EECA to help local homeowners and tenants improve the warmth, comfort and energy efficiency of their homes.
Eastern Bay of Plenty homeowners and landlords can benefit from:
Homeowners can get:
- 90% OFF INSULATION (capped at $3,000) if you have a Community Services Card or CSC-endorsed SuperGold Card; or a demonstrable income-related need and one or more occupants has a high-health need*, OR
- 50% OFF INSULATION (capped at $2,500) for all other homeowners and tenants.
Landlords can get:
- 60% OFF INSULATION if your rental property was built before 2000 and:
- a named tenant has a Community Services Card or CSC-endorsed SuperGold Card; or
- a named tenant has a demonstrable income-related need and one or more occupants has a high-health need*.
Statements of Insulation
Statements of Insulation for rentals are required now - we can help ensure you comply with the new legislation.
Mortgage top-ups and Q Card finance
Not sure where to start to make your home more energy efficient?
Or if you're not sure where to start or what you need, book a FREE Home Energy Plan - it's free advice without obligation so you can make an informed decision on the best energy investments for your home.
Contact us today to book a visit from one of our experienced sales advisors to find out more.
* Ceiling & Underfloor Insulation funding is available for eligible homes built pre-2000, conditions apply as part of EECA's Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes Programme. This funding is provided by EECA, the Eastern Bay Energy Trust and Smart Energy Solutions' own Cozy Kiwi Fund for homes built pre-2000. For ‘demonstrable income-related need’ EECA will accept a Community Services Card rejection letter from the Ministry of Social Development stating that the applicant is no more than $20,000 above the threshold for receiving a Community Services Card. Also one or more occupants of the house has a referral from a medical practitioner registered with the Medical Council of NZ or a nurse registered with the Nursing Council of NZ stating that the occupant suffers from a respiratory illness.
Our customers have said...
Tenant no longer wants to move out
I would just like to say a big thank you for fitting in the insulation. The tenant has said it has made such a difference and she is no longer wanting to move out. Much appreciated.Tina, Whakatane
Fast and efficient service start to end
Fast and efficient service from the quote to the installation.Michelle, Whakatane
Easy to deal with, top notch
Easy to deal with and the installation crew were great. Smart Energy Solutions are top notch.Jamie, Whakatane
Need more info or a quote?
We give free advice and quotes on a range of home energy efficiency products. Contact us and our friendly team will be in touch to discuss product & finance solutions for your home. We make it easy!
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.