Otago - we're your local one-stop-shop for home energy efficiency
Our Dunedin & Central Otago team
Smart Energy Solutions operates throughout Otago, including Central Otago, led by Brett Allcock, providing FREE home energy assessments to assist homeowners in lowering power bills and creating warmer, drier and healthier homes.
We can recommend which energy efficiency products will have the most impact on your comfort, energy efficiency and electricity bills. We offer a full range of products including ceiling & underfloor insulation, heat pumps, home ventilation systems, heat transfer units, hot water management, solar PV, thermal window film, LED downlights and more for new and existing homes. We'll let you know what fantastic insulation subsidies and other assistance is available to help.
Some Otago homeowners can get Warmer Kiwi Homes for FREE!
From 1st July 2018 some Otago homeowners may be eligible for 92-100% OFF home insulation as part of the Otago Community Trust's insulation programme, EECA's new Warmer Kiwi Homes & our own Cozy Kiwi Fund.
To be eligible for an Insulation grant you will need to:
- own and be living in a home in an area identified as lower-income (Deprivation Index 9 or 10) OR
- be the homeowner (owner-occupier) and have a Community Services Card (CSC) or SuperGold combo card, OR
- be referred by the Healthy Homes Initiative, and
- the home must be built before 2008.
Otago Homeowners may be eligible for:
- 92% Insulation Grants if you are in the Deprivation Index 9 or 10 area, and don't have a CSC or SuperGold card, or
- 100% Insulation Grants if you do have a CSC or SuperGold card OR you have a Health Referral.
The remainder of the costs may be put on your Dunedin City Council Rates or other finance options available - read more below.
Pay the balance with some great finance options including:
- Dunedin City Council's Warm Dunedin programme which lets you put the costs of insulation and a heat pump (as long as insulation is done first) on your rates and pay it back over up to 10 years;
- ANZ Interest Free Loans, Mortgage top-ups, Squirrel Money and Q Card finance to help towards making your home warmer, drier, healthier and more energy efficient now;
- Statements of Insulation for rentals are required now - we can help ensure landords comply with the new legislation.
Conditions apply so find out more - contact us today and book your free no-obligation quote. Call us on 0800 888 766 or book here.
* Homes must be built pre-2008 and be eligible under the new EECA Warmer Kiwi Homes programme, usual terms & conditions apply. This programme starts 1st July 2018.
Need information or a quote?
We give free advice and quotes on a range of home energy efficiency products. Contact us and our friendly team will be in touch to discuss product, subsidies & other finance solutions for your home. We make it easy!
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.
Not sure what you need?
If you're not sure where to start or what you need, book a FREE Home Energy Plan - it's free advice without obligation so you can make an informed decision on the best energy investments for your home.
Contact us today to book a visit from one of our experienced sales advisors to find out more.
You may be interested in ...
Our customers have said...
You guys were great
You guys were great. Good advice and communication up front. Fast and easy installation. Perfect!Steve, Otago
SES is true to its brand promise! Smart Energy Solutions is not just providing energy efficient solutions but has smart people who know and do their job well, with a high standard of workmanship and customer oriented in their dealings with clients. Also, please extend our gratitude to the management of EECA, Otago Community Trust and Cozy Kiwi. No words are enough to express our gratitude. Again, thank you!Glenn & Jem, Dunedin
Everything done to perfection
Their work was very efficient. Everything done to perfection. Very well mannered and everything explained. No mess and that was excellent.Dorothy, Central Otago