Otago - we're your local one-stop-shop for home energy efficiency
Our Dunedin & Central Otago team
Smart Energy Solutions operates throughout Otago, including Central Otago, providing FREE home energy assessments to assist homeowners in lowering power bills and creating warmer, drier and healthier homes.
We can recommend which energy efficiency products will have the most impact on your comfort, energy efficiency and electricity bills. We offer a full range of products including ceiling & underfloor insulation, heat pumps, home ventilation systems, heat transfer units, hot water management and LED downlights and more for new and existing homes.
We also work with the Dunedin City Council offering ratepayers the option of putting some of the costs for insulation and clean heating on their rates. Smart Energy Solutions is the only provider that can cover both your insulation and heating requirements under the "Warm Dunedin" programme. You can read more about putting insulation costs on your Dunedin City Council rates here.
The Otago region also has generous insulation subsidies for eligible homeowners and landlords in the Otago region, including the Central Lakes region - Cromwell, Alexandra, Queenstown, Arrowtown, Wanaka and more.
You can be confident in booking a FREE home appointment with our team on 0800 888 766 or click here to request a booking.
Need more info or a quote?
We give free advice and quotes on a range of home energy efficiency products. Contact us and our friendly team will be in touch to discuss product & finance solutions for your home. We make it easy!
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.
Local homeowners and landlords can benefit from:
- 50% insulation subsidies for landlords with eligible tenants and low-income homeowners under the EECA Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme;
- 50% insulation subsidies* for Otago homeowners receiving an Accommodation Supplement. You will need to show proof of your current Accommodation Supplement (Working for Families) statement;
- 50% insulation subsidies* for Central Lakes homeowners occupying a home built pre-2000;
- 80% insulation subsidies* for Otago homeowners occupying a home built pre-2000 and who have a current Community Services Card;
- Statements of Insulation for rentals are required now - we can help ensure you comply with the new legislation;
- Dunedin City Council's Warm Dunedin programme which lets you put the costs of insulation and a heat pump (as long as insulation is done first) on your rates and pay it back over up to 10 years;
- Mortgage top-ups and Q Card finance to help towards making your home warmer, drier, healthier and more energy efficient now.
* The Otago Community Trust, Central Lakes Trust, EECA, and Smart Energy Solutions' own Cozy Kiwi Fund have each committed to additional funding to help insulate Otago and Central Otago homes that otherwise could not afford it.
Or if you're not sure where to start or what you need, book a FREE Home Energy Plan - it's free advice without obligation so you can make an informed decision on the best energy investments for your home.
Contact us today to book a visit from one of our experienced sales advisors to find out more.
Our customers have said...
You guys were great
You guys were great. Good advice and communication up front. Fast and easy installation. Perfect!Steve, Otago
SES is true to its brand promise! Smart Energy Solutions is not just providing energy efficient solutions but has smart people who know and do their job well, with a high standard of workmanship and customer oriented in their dealings with clients. Also, please extend our gratitude to the management of EECA, Otago Community Trust and Cozy Kiwi. No words are enough to express our gratitude. Again, thank you!Glenn & Jem, Dunedin
Everything done to perfection
Their work was very efficient. Everything done to perfection. Very well mannered and everything explained. No mess and that was excellent.Dorothy, Central Otago