Otago - we're your local one-stop-shop for home energy efficiency
Our Dunedin & Central Otago team
Smart Energy Solutions operates throughout Otago, including Central Otago, led by Brett Allcock, providing FREE home energy assessments to assist homeowners in lowering power bills and creating warmer, drier and healthier homes.
We can recommend which energy efficiency products will have the most impact on your comfort, energy efficiency and electricity bills. We offer a full range of products including ceiling & underfloor insulation, heat pumps, home ventilation systems, heat transfer units, hot water management, solar PV, thermal window film, LED downlights and more for new and existing homes. We'll let you know what fantastic insulation subsidies and other assistance is available to help.
Otago & Central Lakes homeowners & landlords can get:
- 50% OFF INSULATION for Central Lakes eligible homeowners or tenants occupying a home who don't meet EECA's criteria below, or
- 60% OFF INSULATION for eligible Otago homeowners occupying a home who don't meet EECA's criteria below*.
- 75% OFF INSULATION for landlords of homes under the EECA programme* with:
- a named tenant with a valid Community Services Card or Community Services Card-endorsed SuperGold Card; or
- a named tenant with a demonstrable income-related or has a high health need*.
- FREE INSULATION for homeowners of homes under the EECA programme* with:
- a named homeowner with a valid Community Services Card or Community Services Card-endorsed SuperGold Card; or
- a named homeowner with a demonstrable income-related or has a high health need*.
The remainder of the costs may be put on your Dunedin City Council Rates - read more below.
Funding is subject to availability so it's first in, first served. Don't delay, contact us today.
* Homes must be built pre-2000 and be eligible under the EECA Warm Up New Zealand:Healthy Homes programme, usual terms & conditions apply.
Need information or a quote?
We give free advice and quotes on a range of home energy efficiency products. Contact us and our friendly team will be in touch to discuss product, subsidies & other finance solutions for your home. We make it easy!
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.
Other options include:
- Statements of Insulation for rentals are required now - we can help ensure you comply with the new legislation;
- Dunedin City Council's Warm Dunedin programme which lets you put the costs of insulation and a heat pump (as long as insulation is done first) on your rates and pay it back over up to 10 years;
- Mortgage top-ups and Q Card finance to help towards making your home warmer, drier, healthier and more energy efficient now.
Or if you're not sure where to start or what you need, book a FREE Home Energy Plan - it's free advice without obligation so you can make an informed decision on the best energy investments for your home.
Contact us today to book a visit from one of our experienced sales advisors to find out more.
* Ceiling & Underfloor Insulation funding is available for eligible homes built pre-2000, conditions apply as part of EECA's Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes Programme. This funding is provided by EECA, the Otago Community Trust and Central Lakes Trust and Smart Energy Solutions' own Cozy Kiwi Fund for homes built pre-2000. For ‘demonstrable income-related need’ EECA will accept a Community Services Card rejection letter from the Ministry of Social Development stating that the applicant is no more than $20,000 above the threshold for receiving a Community Services Card. Also one or more occupants of the house has a referral from a medical practitioner registered with the Medical Council of NZ or a nurse registered with the Nursing Council of NZ stating that the occupant suffers from a respiratory illness.
You may be interested in ...
Our customers have said...
You guys were great
You guys were great. Good advice and communication up front. Fast and easy installation. Perfect!Steve, Otago
SES is true to its brand promise! Smart Energy Solutions is not just providing energy efficient solutions but has smart people who know and do their job well, with a high standard of workmanship and customer oriented in their dealings with clients. Also, please extend our gratitude to the management of EECA, Otago Community Trust and Cozy Kiwi. No words are enough to express our gratitude. Again, thank you!Glenn & Jem, Dunedin
Everything done to perfection
Their work was very efficient. Everything done to perfection. Very well mannered and everything explained. No mess and that was excellent.Dorothy, Central Otago