EECA 55% Insulation Subsidies
55% Insulation Subsidies
- Product description
- Product details
55% subsidies. T&Cs apply.
55% - 67% insulation subsidies from EECA
The Warm Up NZ Healthy Homes programme with 55% insulation subsidies for eligible homeowners & landlords ends 30 June 2018.
The 2018 Government Budget revealed the new "Warmer Kiwi Homes” programme for low income homeowners only. From 1 July 2018 eligible homeowners can get 67% subsidies for their pre-2008 homes. Read on for eligibility criteria. Landlord subsidies will cease from 1st July 2018.
Landlords - Take Action now!
- Get a quote today and don’t miss out. Contact Us
- Already have a quote? Order your install now!
- Got an expired quote? Request an updated Quote online
Homeowners - Book your Place
- Contact us to check if you’re eligible and book your assessment to be first in line for the new 66% insulation subsidies.
Subsidies for Tenants & Homeowners
The current EECA Energywise Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme offers 55% insulation subsidies for landlords with eligible tenants and low income homeowners. The properties must:
- have been built pre-2000 and
- be occupied by either:
a named tenant or homeowner with a valid Community Services Card or Community Services Card-endorsed SuperGold Card; or
a named tenant or homeowner with a demonstrable income-related need*, and one or more occupants of the house has a referral from a medical practitioner registered with the Medical Council of NZ or a nurse registered with the Nursing Council of NZ stating that the occupant suffers from a respiratory illness.
This funding will finish on the 30th June 2018. The new EECA "Warmer Kiwi Homes" will be available for eligible low income homeowners (owner-occupiers) only. Read our FAQ for more details.
We make the process easy:
- we can give you an estimate or contact your tenant to arrange a property inspection and supply a specific quote
- we supply and assist with all required documentation
- we install your product to best industry standard
- we give you a Statement of Insulation for your Tenancy Agreements
* For ‘demonstrable income-related need’ EECA will accept a Community Services Card rejection letter from the Ministry of Social Development stating that the applicant is no more than $20,000 above the threshold for receiving a Community Services Card.
3 questions & answers about this product
What properties are eligible for the current EECA Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme?
To be eligible for subsidised insulation as part of the current EECA Energywise Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme the property must:
- have been built prior to 2000 and be occupied by either:
- a named tenant or occupying homeowner with a valid Community Services Card or Community Services Card-endorsed SuperGold Card; or
- a named tenant or homeowner with a demonstrable income-related need*, and one or more occupants of the house has a referral from a medical practitioner registered with the Medical Council of NZ or a nurse registered with the Nursing Council of NZ stating that the occupant suffers from a respiratory illness.
These EECA WUNZ:HH subsidies are only available until June 2018. The number of subsidies is limited however and are on a "first come-first served" basis.
Note also the insulation is mandatory in all rental properties by July 2019 so there is a 55% incentive to act early.
Let your landlord know we can do an obligation-free quote and can send them the paperwork, including what funding is available.
We need the property owner's permission before you book an assessment and we are happy to contact them on your behalf if you pass on their contact details.
* Conditions apply, contact us for details.
What finance support is there if my property isn't eligible?
Even if you are not eligible for a subsidy we have a range of other financial support including:
- Options to pay off insulation on your local council rates over up to 10 years
- Information on adding insulation to your mortgage
- ANZ offers $5,000 interest-free finance for up to 4 years
- Interest-Free options in association with Squirrel Money & Q Card
Our assessments are obligation free so what have you got to lose - book an assessment today.
What is the new EECA "Warmer Kiwi Homes" programme?
The new EECA "Warmer Kiwi Homes" programme starts 1st July 2018 and will have insulation grants of 67% for eligible owner-occupied homes.
- Funding is available for ceiling and underfloor insulation, and ground moisture barriers.
- Eligibility in the new programme is only available for homeowners (owner-occupiers) for homes built prior to 2008 (current programme 2000).
Eligibility for 67% Insulation Grants
- The home must have been built prior to 2008
- Low income homeowners will be defined as those who either:
- have a Community Services Card or SuperGold Card with CSC endorsement, OR
- live in a New Zealand Deprivation Index decile 9 or 10 area, OR
- are families referred through the Ministry of Health’s Healthy Homes Initiative.
Year 2 of the new Warmer Kiwi Homes programme, starting 1 July 2019, will include grants to install heating appliances once insulation is installed. The amount of funding and heating appliances to be included is yet to be confirmed.
3 customer reviews
Salesman and Installation team were awesome. The installation guys were friendly and did a good job. All in all we are happy with the end result and very thankful for the Government subsidy to help us have a warmer home and we have definitely noticed the difference.Simon, Waikato
Fast efficient service and met all the promises. Great to have the subsidy. Our elderly tenant is now nice and warm in winter.Robyn, Tauranga
Cost was significantly cheaper than competition due to insulation subsidy. A thorough initial professional quote, good communication, punctual install team. Very professional, friendly and very efficient. Final work checked by supervisor. Could not ask for better service. I don't give out recommendations lightly so well done and thank you.Ross, Christchurch
We give free advice, quotes and finance solutions for home insulation.
For a limited time subsidies are available for both homeowners & landlords - T&Cs apply. Contact us and we'll let you know what you're entitled to and how we can help.
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.
Our customers have said
Price was good
Price was good. Every worker that came to us were professional, willing to help and explain everything. We’ve had lots of comments that our home doesn’t smell damp. We’re more than happy to use you again and happy to give anyone your number.Stan, Taranaki
Professional and friendly
Your company has done the insulation for the ceiling and underfloor of my house. The job was very well done. We appreciate what you guys have done for us and our house is much warmer now. I have to say thank you to the salesperson and the workers who put the blanket on. They are awesome. They are all very professional, friendly and helpful.Wei, Wellington
SES is true to its brand promise! Smart Energy Solutions is not just providing energy efficient solutions but has smart people who know and do their job well, with a high standard of workmanship and customer oriented in their dealings with clients. Also, please extend our gratitude to the management of EECA, Otago Community Trust and Cozy Kiwi. No words are enough to express our gratitude. Again, thank you!Glenn & Jem, Dunedin