With advances in technology, we are no longer dependent on paper for record-keeping or information sources. Try cutting down on paper use, knowing that you are having a positive impact on the planet. It's a great place to start saving energy AND money.
- Use emails instead of sending memos and faxing documents.
- If you need to print, consider double-sided printing or re-using paper.
- If you have documents that need to be accessed by several people, load them onto your server so they can be read on-screen to save printing.
- Rather than publishing a document in hard-copy, consider presenting it to clients or customers via your website or on CD.
- Change your default margins settings to print more on every page.
- Actively archive your emails to avoid having to print them out as your records.
- Recycle all used paper.