Statement of Insulation
Since July 2016 it's been mandatory to include a Statement of Insulation in every new Tenancy Agreement.
The new Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) states that landlords must state the level of insulation in their rental property in new Tenancy Agreements - as well as have working smoke alarms. This has been in effect since July 2016.
We can provide you with a Statement of Insulation for $49 per property which you can include in the Agreement. If you get insulation installed by us we will refund this cost.
Our Statement of Insulation Service covers:
- A Statement of Insulation for Tenancy Agreements
- Free - Quotes on any insulation required to meet the RTA mandatory regulations.
- 55% insulation subsidies if tenants are eligible under EECA's Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme
- Free - Smoke Alarm assessment on request. Compliant long-life alarms can be installed for $50 each
- Free - heating and ventilation assessments as requested
- Free information on Finance options including Council Rates, Mortgage top-ups and Q Card finance
Insulation and Subsidies
Contact us for assistance in making your rentals compliant with the insulation requirements of the Residential Tenancies Act.
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.