06 August 2013
6 Smart Energy Lighting Solutions
Lighten your electricity bill at home or at work by using these smart energy lighting solutions.
We’re all guilty of leaving lights on when we leave the room, but for the time it takes to turn them off, we’ve got no excuse to continue our bad habits. Not only are we wasting energy, we are wasting money. Follow these simple tips and save!
- Switch them off. It seems simple, but it rarely happens. Lights are often left on when not in use and you are left paying for energy that is simply wasted. Ask your staff or family to get on board your energy saving campaign by putting the money saved in the first 12 months towards something special!
- Replace lighting with energy efficient options. By replacing incandescent light bulbs with energy saving LEDs wherever possible, you will start making instant savings. LEDs cost about 85% less to operate, and last about 10 times longer.
- Work with mother nature. Sunlight is free – use it wherever possible.
- Avoid headaches. By having too many lights on, or ‘over lighting’ you can actually create glare, eye strain and headaches for your staff. Save money and save headaches by working out which lights you don’t need on and switching them off.
- Install light sensors. They automatically turn on when someone enters the room and turn off again when no movement is detected.
- Assess your lighting needs. Smart Energy Solutions offer FREE assessments helping you decide how much lighting you need and what the most energy efficient options are. Find out more about our LED lighting range here.