The Cozy Kiwi Fund, in conjunction with regional community trusts, provide additional insulation funding for homeowners and landlords.
Since 2009 Smart Energy Solutions (SES) has worked with many regional community trusts and EECA's Warm Up New Zealand programmes, to provide additional insulation funding to homes that without the help, could otherwise not afford to do it.
Some of the regional funding programmes we are proud to be part of include:
- Eastern Bay of Plenty: Eastern Bay Energy Trust's Retrofit Insulation Programme
- Otago: Otago Community Trust's Warm Homes Project
- Central Otago: Central Lakes Trust's Insulation Project
Cozy Kiwi Insulating Homes
Smart Energy Solutions launched its own Cozy Kiwi Fund to help fund insulation for homeowners and tenants living in cold, damp unhealthy homes, who often weren't eligible under the EECA programmes. We know from considerable experience, having retrofitted insulation into over 35,000 homes, that the community benefits from insulation are considerable, and include:
- Cost savings to homeowners. Insulated homes are easier and less expensive to keep warm, resulting in healthier homes and lower power bills.
- Insulation helps reduce the number of admissions to hospital due to respiratory illnesses, reduce absences from schools and work, and help the elderly through the colder seasons.
- Overall improvement of the community housing stock (benefiting all future residents and tenants who purchase or move into insulated homes in the community).
- Increased local employment and job training.
With this additional funding, we make a real difference in these communities. From the first day we install the first house for the next 100 years, these homes will be better living environments and places for our children to grow.
Find out what funding and finance options are available for homes in your region.
Simply book your Home Energy Assessment today and we'll explain all your options when we visit.