We're a provider in the EECA ENERGYWISE™ Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme with 50% insulation subsidies for eligible rental properties.
EECA Insulation Subsidies
The current Warm Up New Zealand:Healthy Homes rental programme was set up by the New Zealand government to help make rental properties healthier, warmer and more energy efficient.
Smart Energy Solutions is an approved partner of the new EECA Energywise Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes rental programme and has 50% insulation subsidies available^ for eligible rentals. The properties must:
- be built pre-2000
have a named tenant with
- a valid Community Services Card or CSC-endorsed SuperGold card OR
- a demonstrable income-related need and one or more of the occupants of the house has a respiratory-illness related referral from a registered medical practitioner or registered nurse, OR
- a referral by a Ministry of Health approved provider (ask us who they are).
Funding is subject to availability so don't hesitate. Contact us to book your Rental Property Check today to find out what insulation you need and what subsidies you’re entitled to.
Subsidies For Tenants
If you meet the above Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes criteria tell your landlord as they may be able to access 50% funding to cover the insulation costs for your home.
Let your landlord know we can do an obligation-free quote and can send them the paperwork, including what funding is available. We need the property owners permission before you book an assessment. Contact us to book your rental property check and we’ll be in touch.
Subsidies For Landlords
We have 50% insulation subsidies available for making improvements to you rental properties as long as your tenant is eligible. If not, we do have discounts and other options such as putting the costs onto your rates and finance available. We provide free quotes for insulation, heat pumps and other energy efficiency products.
Also, the new Residential Tenancies Act states that from July 2016 landlords must include a Statement of Insulation in all new Tenancy Agreements, as well as have working smoke alarms. We can provide a formal Statement of Insulation for only $49 which you can include in the Agreement. It's simple:
- You can send us the details of your rental properties
- We can contact your tenants and arrange a time to visit
- We'll provide a quote and information on any funding or finance support available
- We install your insulation and smoke alarms if you need them
- We'll provide a Statement of Insulation ($49 per property) for your new Tenancy Agreements
Order your Statement of Insulation today for your rental property. We can arrange a suitable time to visit with your tenant and send you the paperwork.
Subsidies For Homeowners
The EECA subsidies for homeowners ran for around six years and concluded on 30 June 2016. We do have some subsidies available courtesy of regional trusts in selected regions. You can contact us to see if any subsidies are available in your region by enquiring here or by ringing 0800 888 766. Even if you are not eligible for a subsidy we have a range of other financial support including:
- Options to pay off insulation on your local council rates over up to 10 years
- Information on adding insulation to your mortgage
- Interest Free options in association with Q Card
Our assessments are obligation free so what have you got to lose - book an assessment today.