Otago - we're your local one-stop-shop for home energy efficiency
Our Dunedin & Central Otago team
Smart Energy Solutions operates throughout Otago, including Central Otago, led by Brett Allcock, providing FREE home energy assessments to assist homeowners in lowering power bills and creating warmer, drier and healthier homes.
We can recommend which energy efficiency products will have the most impact on your comfort, energy efficiency and electricity bills. We offer a full range of products including ceiling & underfloor insulation, heat pumps, home ventilation systems, heat transfer units, hot water management, solar PV, thermal window film, LED downlights and more for new and existing homes. We'll let you know what fantastic insulation subsidies and other assistance is available to help.
Some Otago homeowners can get Warmer Kiwi Homes for FREE!
To be eligible for 100% OFF Insulation* you will need to:
- be living in a home in an area identified as lower-income (Deprivation Index 9 or 10 on NZDI), OR
- have a Community Services Card (CSC) or SuperGold combo card, OR
- be referred by the Healthy Homes Initiative, and
- live in and own a home built before 2008, and
- live in the Dunedin City, Waitaki and Central Otago Districts. Excludes Queenstown, Queenstown-Lakes and Arrowtown.
Not Eligible for Insulation Funding?
You can opt for some of these great finance options including:
- Dunedin City Council's Warm Dunedin or Clutha District Council's Warm Homes scheme which lets you put the costs of insulation and/or a heat pump (as long as insulation is done first) on your rates and pay it back over up to 5-10 years;
- ANZ Interest Free Loans, Mortgage top-ups, Squirrel Money and Q Card finance to help towards making your home warmer, drier, healthier and more energy efficient now;
- Statements of Insulation for rentals are required now - we can help ensure landlords comply with the new legislation.
Conditions apply so find out more - contact us today and book your free no-obligation quote. Call us on 0800 888 766 or book here.
* Homes must be built pre-2008 and be eligible under the new EECA Warmer Kiwi Homes programme, usual terms & conditions apply. This programme started 1st October 2018. Funding is available in Dunedin City, Clutha, Waitaki District, Central Otago District. Exludes Queenstown-Lakes Districts.
Need information or a quote?
We give free advice and quotes on a range of home energy efficiency products. Contact us and our friendly team will be in touch to discuss product, subsidies & other finance solutions for your home. We make it easy!
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.
You may be interested in ...
Our customers have said...
You guys were great
You guys were great. Good advice and communication up front. Fast and easy installation. Perfect!Steve, Otago
SES is true to its brand promise! Smart Energy Solutions is not just providing energy efficient solutions but has smart people who know and do their job well, with a high standard of workmanship and customer oriented in their dealings with clients. Also, please extend our gratitude to the management of EECA, Otago Community Trust and Cozy Kiwi. No words are enough to express our gratitude. Again, thank you!Glenn & Jem, Dunedin
Everything done to perfection
Their work was very efficient. Everything done to perfection. Very well mannered and everything explained. No mess and that was excellent.Dorothy, Central Otago