18 July 2018
92 -100% OFF insulation available for some Otago homeowners - for a limited time only!
Great news for Otago homeowners of homes built pre-2008! You can now afford to make your place into a warm, comfortable home but don't delay - these subsidies are for a limited time!
92-100% OFF Home Insulation available for some Otago Homeowners only*
From 1st July some Otago homeowners may be eligible for 90-100% OFF home insulation as part of the Otago Community Trust's insulation programme, EECA's new Warmer Kiwi Homes & our own Cozy Kiwi Fund.
- 92% Insulation Grants if you are in the Deprivation Index 9 or 10 area, and don't have a CSC or SuperGold card;
- 100% Insulation Grants if you do have a CSC or SuperGold card OR you have a Health Referral.
To be eligible for an Insulation grant you will need to:
- be the homeowner (owner-occupier) and have a Community Services Card (CSC) or SuperGold combo card, OR
- own and be living in a home in an area identified as lower-income (Deprivation Index 9 or 10) OR
- be referred by the Healthy Homes Initiative, and
- own a home built before 2008.
Conditions apply so Register your interest today and we'll check if you're eligible and let you know what other financial support you may be entitled to.
Put the balance on your Dunedin Council Rates or our Finance Options!
You may even be able to put remaining costs on your rates! As a Dunedin City Council ratepayer, you may also be able to put the cost of the Insulation (and a Heat Pump once insulation is done) on your rates, and pay it off over up to 10 years. We can even help you with the paperwork.
If your home is already insulated, or you're not eligible for the funding, we can still help you with other finance options for insulation, solar PV, heating, ventilation, hot water management solutions, LED downlights and more:
- ANZ Interest-Free Loans - up to $5,000 loan for up to 4 years;
- Mortgage Top-Ups - some banks waive set-up fees to put on your mortgage;
- Squirrel Money - an affordable green loan for only $21 per week;
- Q Card finance - ask us what interest-free options are available.
If you’re not sure about what you need we can even provide you with a Free Home Energy Plan.
Contact us today and we'll visit you and discuss what you need and the funding and finance options are available to you. *Conditions apply.