13 November 2018
FREE Home Insulation available for some Otago Homeowners only*
Great news for Otago homeowners of homes built pre-2008! You may be eligible for FREE home insulation as part of the Otago Community Trust and EECA's Warmer Kiwi Homes programmes.
You may be eligible for 100% OFF insulation if you:
- have a Community Services Card (CSC) or SuperGold combo card, OR
- are living in a home in an area identified as lower-income (Deprivation Index 9 or 10 on NZDI), OR
- are referred by the Healthy Homes Initiative.
For the 100% insulation grant you must:
- own and live in the home built before 2008, and
- live in the Dunedin City, Waitaki and Central Otago Districts. Excludes Clutha and Queenstown-Lakes districts.
Conditions apply so Register your interest today and we'll check if you're eligible and let you know what other financial support you may be entitled to.
Put Insulation or a Heat Pump on your Dunedin City Council Rates!
If you're not eligible for 100% funding, you may be able to put your insulation and heating costs on your rates! As a Dunedin City Council ratepayer, you may also be able to put the cost of the Insulation (and a Heat Pump once insulation is done) on your rates, and pay it off over up to 10 years. We can even help you with the paperwork.
If your home is already insulated, or you're not eligible for the funding, we can still help you with other finance options for insulation, solar PV, heating, ventilation, hot water management solutions, LED downlights and more:
- ANZ Interest-Free Loans - up to $5,000 loan for up to 4 years;
- Mortgage Top-Ups - some banks waive set-up fees to put on your mortgage;
- Squirrel Money - an affordable green loan for only $21 per week;
- Q Card finance - ask us what interest-free options are available.
If you’re not sure about what you need we can even provide you with a Free Home Energy Plan.
Contact us today and we'll visit you and discuss what you need and the funding and finance options are available to you. *Conditions apply.