On Ground Moisture Barrier
- Product description
- Product details
Moisture under a house can cause mould and mildew inside the house, affecting the health of the occupants.
Would you believe on average, 250ml of water can evaporate from 1m² of ground in 24 hours – that’s 60 litres per day on average for a 150m² house.
A good way to reduce moisture levels is to install polythene sheeting that is at least 0.25 mm thick over the ground under a house. This vapour barrier will restrict the evaporation of moisture from the ground into the subfloor space.
We can install it for you at the same time as your underfloor insulation. If your property is eligible for an EECA Warmer Kiwi Homes subsidy it will cover this cost as well.
Onground moisture barrier is one of the best value for money ways to reduce moisture in your home - ask us for a quote today!
Installing a vapour barrier (thick polythene sheeting) on the ground under your house will keep the moisture in the ground and stops the air under the floor from getting damp. For the vapour barrier to be effective:
• any leaks from water or waste pipes, wet areas, cladding and so on must be dealt with before the material is laid
• check there is no surface water flowing under the building – rain should drain away from the house
• the ground under the house should be shaped so no surface water accumulates on top of the vapour barrier
• the vapour barrier should completely cover the soil & be butted up to surrounding foundation walls and piles
• the sheets should be weighted down to avoid being moved by the ventilating air movement
Contact us today for a free measure and quote, and we can install it for you as the same time as your underfloor insulation.