New regulations make insulation and smoke alarms mandatory for rental properties. We can help - contact us today for a property check PLUS see if you're eligible for 50% insulation funding!
New government regulations^ have made insulation and smoke alarms mandatory for rental properties and we can help with property checks PLUS you may be eligible for 50% funding for insulating your rental property/s*.
Since 1 July 2016: RTA changes now require you to declare the level of insulation in the Tenancy Agreements AND have working smoke alarms installed in all tenanted properties.
From July 2019: all rental properties must have adequate ceiling and underfloor insulation installed (where possible).
9 Reasons to insulate rentals with us?
- If you’re a landlord with low-income tenants, you may be eligible for 50% insulation funding* for your rental properties. The funding level varies by region & requires that your property was built before 2000, & your tenant has a Community Services Card, or is on a low income and has verifiable health needs.
- If your tenants don't fit into the above category, you may be entitled to other discounts (call us to find out what is available in your region).
- Pay off some of the costs on your Council Rates (depending on region).
- Quality installation from an EECA approved provider.
- Completion Certificate for installation verification.
- Free smoke alarm installed when you insulate with us.
- Finance options available - including low/no interest.
- Best price guarantee".
- We also provide quotes for heat pumps, ventilation, heat transfer systems and other energy saving products.
Don’t delay – send us the details of your properties. We'll arrange the assessments with you, or your tenant, and send you no-obligation quotes.
Act now and be one step ahead.
It has been proven that an insulated home improves the value of rental properties & helps get tenants into warmer, drier & healthier homes. It’s worth ensuring rental properties are fit for purpose and of high standard. You only have to insulate once and it will last for years to come.
8 out of 10 tenants say they are more likely to rent energy-efficient, warm and easy-to-heat homes^
Tenants will stay on average 4 times longer in a properly insulated property~
^ Regulations pending. * Conditions apply. Subsidised insulation available for eligible pre-2000 homes under EECA’s Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme statistics taken from AC Neilson 2007 & BRANZ 2006 research.
comments powered by Disqus